Social Media Facts & Figures
Ask yourself are you making the most of the social and digital tools that are out there? have a read of a few of these statistics, are you losing out? where do your clients present themselves.
LinkedIn is now developing into a real force for B2C and B2B marketing, in my blog post on SAY we will look at some more facts and figures that should help you decide if this is the platform for your business.
· 2003 launched Zero members
· 2009 (33M members) Jeff Weiner joins as president
· 2013 (250M members) 10th Anniversary
· Purchased by Microsoft in 2016 for $26.2 billion
· Native video content launched august 2017
· 2018 (500M plus members)
Becoming a platform for Influencers
Written content is driving LinkedIn forward, to be successful with this, you need to be seen as an influencer, a thought leader and the first point of reference for many LinkedIn followers
Continues to dominate the headlines, with recent events casting a shadow over its business, however the size and potential still remain an exciting prospect for any business.
· With 2.13 billion actives users for Q4 2017 (Facebook MAUs)
· 1.15 billion mobile daily active users
· 1.40 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily
· Photo uploads total 300 million per day
· Average time spent on Facebook is approx. 20 mins
· Every 60 seconds on Facebook 510.000 comments are posted
You need to decide if you are going to be part of this conversation, and how your business can benefit from this.
Now held within the Facebook family continues to grow from strength to strength, with its business pages adding extra tools almost daily.
· 7 out of 10 Hashtags are branded
· 80% of users follow a business on Instagram
· Analytics on your business count
· An estimated 71% of US businesses use Instagram
· 8 million business profiles
· 800 million monthly active users
· At least 30% of Instagram users have purchased a product they viewed first on Instagram
Is another site that has gone through some turmoil over the past few years. It’s still a great place for your brand to be seen, to be heard and listened too.
· 330 million monthly active users
· Now with 280 characters to get your message out
· Supports more than 40 languages
· 80% of twitter users access it by mobile
· 42% of twitter users access the app every day
· Advertising platform
Hopefully once you have the time to study the figures and if you are not already using social media to market your business, maybe it’s time to reconsider?
At Say we can support your business in a number of ways.
- Social/Digital Strategy
- Digital Audit
- Social media policy
These three areas are key to your overall business success, without these building blocks to create a powerful digital strategy, with realistic ROI and KPIs agreed. Success will be limited and irregular.
Why not have a chat with us about how we can help?
Please feel free to share this in your network, and any feedback that may help us with the next article is always welcome.
Don't forget to join us on our other social media sites.